The new edition of the standard ISO 14001:2015 has been published.
The new regulatory approach on the environment should include:
- Identification and management of risks and opportunities linked to environmental aspects
- widening of the expectations about the adoption by the organization of initiatives to protect the environment from damage and deterioration
- more pressing requirements for the evaluation of environmental performance, including the need to establish criteria and indicators for monitoring and environmental analysis
- greater emphasis on continuous improvement in relation to the improvement of environmental performance
- assess of the environmental requirements according to “Life Cycle Assessment”, provision for monitoring environmental impacts associated with the life cycle of the product.
For the management of the transition period to the new standard and updating certificates already issued refer to the online document: